Sweet Disposition


Wedding Peach.
My first paid endeavor as a fresh graduate did not involve anything about my course. Halfway through the preparations of my own graduation in 2011, my highschool friend, Inna, approached me so I could assist her in a wedding that she was assigned to coordinate. We were both inexperienced in this type of personal event but our college and highschool project planning skills were surely used.

Inna coordinated all things that were needed in the island. I was tasked to accomplish last-minute errands before I flew in to Boracay. I remembered dragging a big plastic of towelettes from Divisoria all the way to LRT until I got home. 

A few days before the big event, I boarded a plane to Boracay. Inna's team, including her siblings and cousin prepared all items needed. We personalized all water bottles, dipped cold towelettes, coordinated with the venue and other people involved, met with the couple and discussed the wedding proper. We barely had sleep a night before the event.

This was the cocktail area in the reception. Inna's cousin painted and prepared all the hanging labels.


The sand castle was prepared by the locals. Beside it were hanging capiz shells where guests could write their messages for the newly-weds.


This Church in Boracay was where the celebration was held before guests moved to Friday's for the reception.



It was a dinner reception after the wedding proper. Guests had cocktails during sunset while the couple prepared for the program.


Here's a (blurry but best) shot of the couple's first entrance as a newly-wed. 
  

The whole affair was unexpectedly exhausting, both emotionally and physically. Our team were just happy to be able to witness flying lanterns c/o our neighbors before the night ended.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.